Is Mobile First Marketing Part of Your Strategy?
Think about it for a second – what are the everyday chores in your life that you now do a mobile device?
- Check the weather
- Access your bank accounts
- Pay your bills
- Find out hours for the local gym, restaurant or shop
- Buy clothes, groceries and gifts
- Order lunch or dinner and have it delivered to you so you can do the above?
Increased online information and e-commerce has made life much more accessible for us. As a small business owner, you’ve likely seen benefits in your business too.
A recent Criteo report stated that “Mobile purchase now make up 34% of all ecommerce purchases, with 40% forecast by the end of this year. In the US, 53% of those sales take place on smartphones, with the rest on tablets.”
The same report also states that “44% of consumers would like brands to deliver deals and coupons to their mobile devices.” If you’re not putting mobile at the forefront of your marketing planning, then you’re missing out on customers taking advantage of these and many more of today’s modern conveniences.
Why Mobile First?
Data from Mobithinking shows the impact of mobile technology on your market performance.
- There are over 1.2 billion mobile web users worldwide.
- In the U.S., 25 percent of mobile Web users are mobile-only (they rarely use a desktop to access the Web).
- Mobile device sales are increasing across the board with over 85 percent of new handsets able to access the mobile Web.
Pew offers more insights on why your firm needs a mobile first marketing strategy:
- 90 percent of American adults have a cell phone.
- 58 percent of American adults have a smartphone.
- 42 percent of American adults own a tablet computer.
- 30 percent used a mobile device to decide whether to visit a business, such as a restaurant.
More and more organizations are using an app from My Mobile Fans to help stimulate their mobile commerce and launch their mobile strategy. Does your brand have a mobile app yet? If not, schedule a consultation session today, so we can help map out a Mobile First marketing strategy with you!
Leave a Reply